Dr. Martin Lanzer
Leading Physician, Clinic Professor Sailer
Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Private lecturer at the medical university of Zürich for oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Dr.med., University of Zürich, Switzerland
- Dr.med.univ., University of Graz, Austria
- Dr.med.dent. University of Graz, Austria
- Dr. scient.med., University of Graz, Austria
- Specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery (Austria)
- Acknowledgement as a specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgery (Switzerland)
Main field of interest
- Orthognathic surgery and facial aesthetic surgery, surgical and non-surgical harmonisation of the face
- Surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
- Treatment of benign or malign tumors in the head/neck region, with special interest on skin lesions and lesions in the oral cavity
- Primary and secondary treatment of trauma to the facial skeletton.
- Certificate of applied Science (CAS) in orthognather Chirurgie (Universität Zürich)
- Certificate of applied Science (CAS) in Implantologie (Universität Zürich)
- Expert for digital volume tomography of the swiss society for oral and maxillofacial surgeons (SGMKG)
- Certificates of continuing education for digital volume tomography of the swiss society for oral and maxillofacial surgeons (SGMKG)
- Certificate for aesthetic botulinumtoxin-therapy of the german society for aesthetic botulinum-, and filler therapy (DGBT)
- Certificate for aesthetic injections of the german society for aesthetic botulinum-, and filler therapy (DGBT)
- Lecturer at the university of Zürich
Professional medical career
Since 2023: Leading physician, Clinic Professor Sailer
2017-2022: Senior physician clinic for oral-, and maxillofacial surgery, University Hospital Zürich, Switzerland
Responsible for the medical and dental curricula for oral and maxillofacial surgery at the university of Zürich
2021: Executive Master of Business Administration (eMBA), IMD Lausanne
2020: Habilitation to become a private lecturer at the medical university of Zürich for oral and maxillofacial surgery
2015: Examination to become a specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Promotion, obtaining doctoral degree in medicine from the university of Zürich, Switzerland (Dr.med.)
2012 – 2017: Resident clinic for oral-, and maxillofacial surgery, University Hospital Zürich, Switzerland
2011 – 2012: Resident at the clinic for ear-, nose and throat disease, University Hospital of Graz, Austria
2012: Doktor of medical science at medical University of Graz, Austria (Dr.scient.med.) Approbation dentist Graz, Austria (Dr.med.dent.)
Approbation Zahnarzt in Graz, Österreich (Dr.med.dent.)
2009: Approbation medical doctor Graz, Austria (Dr.med.univ.)
More then 50 publications in scientific journals, different scientific contributions in books
J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018 Dec 31. pii: S0278-2391(18)31395-8. doi: 10.1016/j.joms.2018.12.025. Precision of simultaneous guided dental implantation in microvascular fibular flap reconstructions with and without additional guiding splints. Zweifel D, Bredell MG, Lanzer M, Rostetter C, Rücker M, Studer S.
Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018 Dec; 22(4):435-441. doi: 10.1007/s10006-018-0728-4. Epub 2018 Oct 16. Complication rate in mandibular angle fractures-one vs. two plates: a 12-year retrospective analysis. Ferrari R, Lanzer M, Wiedemeier D, Rücker M, Bredell M.
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. Ahead of print. IJOMS-D-18-00711R1 The influence of lymph node ratio on survival and disease recurrence in squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue Hingsammer L, Seier T, Schumann P, Zweifel D, Ikenberg K, Rücker M, Bredell M, Lanzer M.
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 2016 Sep;44(9):1373-80. doi: 10.1016/j.jcms.2016.06.026. Epub 2016 Jul 5. Incidence and frequency of nondental incidental findings on cone-beam computed tomography. Togan B, Gander T, Lanzer M, Martin R, Lübbers HT.
J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015 Nov;43(9):1798-803. doi: 10.1016/j.jcms.2015.08.017. The 3dMD photogrammetric photo system in cranio-maxillofacial surgery: Validation of interexaminer variations and perceptions. Nord F, Ferjencik R, Seifert B, Lanzer M, Gander T, Matthews F, Rücker M, Lübbers HT.
view more publications
- SGMKG, Swiss Association for oral and maxillofacial surgery
- SAKK, Head and Neck Cancer group, swiss working group for clinical cancer therapy
- DGBT, german society for aesthetic botulinum-, and filler therapy (DGBT)
- FMH, Professional Association of swiss physicians